|SJCH Ice Center - News Item
New Rules Implemented This Season
· Absolutely NO alcohol allowed on or around the bench.
o Players cannot leave during a game to drink alcohol.
o Game misconduct and $25 fine will be assessed if alcohol is found in possession of a player. If alcohol is found on bench and no player claims it, team captain is responsible and team captain gets the game misconduct and $25 dollar fine.
· Teams CANNOT add players to their roster past the 3rd week.
o If a team tries to add a player that is not on the roster they will be told he/she cannot play. If they still continue to play the team will be forced to forfeit and the game will turn into a “pickup” game.
· If a player only pays for half the season they can only play for half the season. 8 games.
o Referee’s will be keeping track of which players show up to which games and keeping track of how many games each player has played.
o Players must play minimum of 8 games to be eligible for playoffs.
· A team is allowed only 1 nonsuited up player on the bench i.e. (coach, photographer).
o Suspended players are not allowed on the bench. They must be in stands.
· No player is allowed on the ice until the referee has blown the whistle for warm-ups to start.
o Players will first be warned to get off the ice and stay off. If a player is on the ice before the whistle is blown that person will start the game in the penalty box forcing his/her team to start on the penalty kill.
· Players must have an assigned/designated # on the back of their jersey.
o Tape will not be allowed as a form of # on the jersey. (except for week 1)
o If a player does not have a # on the back of his/her jersey after week 1 they will not be allowed on the ice until they do.
· Penalties will now be 3 minutes with a running clock and 2 minutes with a stop clock.
o If a player gets 3 penalties in 1 game he/she will be assessed a game misconduct on his/her 3rd penalty and will be suspended 1 game and fined $50.
o Suspensions and fines are as followed:
§ Fighting - $50 fine and 1 game suspension
§ Game misconduct - $50 fine and 1 game suspension
§ Game misconduct for Alcohol - $25 and 1 game suspension
§ Game misconduct w/injury - $ undisclosed and suspension upon review
o Players are not allowed to play until fine is paid and suspension is served.
Have a great season.
Respect the rules. Respect the game.